Type of contract:
- Freelance consultant
- 6 to 12 months mission
- Commitment of 20 to 30 hours per week minimum
Humanitarian organizations struggle to support refugees outside camps, particularly in cities. URBAN REFUGEES aims to change this by systematically collecting and documenting successful urban refugee programs (called ‘good practices’) and by facilitating the replication of these programs using an NGO mentoring methodology.
To that end, URBAN REFUGEES is currently developing a new website, www.goodpractices.urban-refugees.org, which will serve as a depository of good practices and as a main hub for NGOs willing to replicate such practices. Based on an agreement with UNHCR, this website will be primarily populated with the good practices already identified and compiled on the urbangoodpractices.org website.
URBAN REFUGEES is now looking for a consultant to manage this project.
The following list outlines tasks and responsibilities in relation to each program, yet it is not limited to:
- Identify good practices on the urbangoodpractices.org website that are replicable and have been particularly successful
- For each good practice identified the consultant will conduct desk research, contact organizations if necessary to obtain all the information necessary for the good practice, find relevant visual supports, and ensure the information is uploaded on the website.
- Research new good practices through desk research and ask relevant organizations to fill the good practices questionnaire.
- Identify tools, guidelines and reports relevant to urban refugee programing on the urbangoodpractices.org website and develop each brief accordingly
- Ensure the tool, guideline, report and its visual support is uploaded on the website
- Identify new tools and guidelines, create brief and reports ensuring they are properly upload on the website and functional.
- Research events, funding, vacancies and other opportunities related to urban displacement and upload on website
- Change regularly the slider on the homepage with new and relevant information
- Create and update the blog with information related to the mentoring program
- All the good practices, tools, guidance and reports are transferred from the urbangoodpractices.org to the goodpractices.urban-refugees.org website
- New good practices, tools, guidelines, opportunities and reports are uploaded on the website and functional
- Website is updated regularly and functions properly
- Master in international or humanitarian affairs, international developments, political sciences or similar is required
- Excellent knowledge of wordpress management and basic coding skills is a must
- Excellent knowledge or field experience in refugee protection essential
- Fluent in English with excellent editorial skills indispensable
- Very good research and communications skills required
- 1 to 3 years of experience in the humanitarian field appreciated
- Knowledge of or experience in programs related to urban refugees a strong advantage
- Graphic design skills an advantage (Basic knowledge of Photoshop and / or Indesign)
- Team player
- Able to multi task
- Punctuality and ability to take initiative appreciated
How to apply
This is a paid position. Applicants should be registered in the EU as freelancers and should be able to invoice. If you meet the above mentioned qualifications, please send your resume, cover letter and an example of prior work demonstrating your coding level and wordpress skills to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applicants who do not have an excellent knowledge of wordpress management and basic coding skills will not be considered for this position.
Only those applicants selected will be contacted.